WOW!!! FOUR YEARS!!!
As Autism Siblings is still here, here are our goals for our fourth year:
1. Help at least 5 siblings of autistic kids.
2. Have at least 1,000 people visit our website.
Siblings of autistic kids that we help will:
· Be better able to cope with their sibling’s special needs
· Have better self esteem
· Be more helpful to their autistic sibling
· Be more helpful to their parents
· Be better able to discuss autism and their sibling with others
· Have options for help when they need it
· Have relationships with other siblings of autistic kids
· Have access to sources of useful information
· Have a support network
· Realize that they are not alone in what they are going through
· Find the positive aspects of having an autistic sibling
· Be able to better cope with the attention that is taken away from them and focused on their autistic sibling
· Be better able to cope with the stress of having a special needs sibling